What is bottraffic4free.host / referral in Google Analytics?
bottraffic4free.host is a type of crawler/bot traffic,. This referral doesn't add any value to your GA or site, quite the opposite it only inflates your reports with useless data.
|Source / Medium||Sessions|
|1.bottraffic4free.host / referral||10(100.00%)|
Recommended actions to prevent traffic like this in Analytics
Filtering spam/bots individually doesn't have much effect, and it's a real nightmare to maintain.
To efficiently deal with bottraffic4free.host and other junk traffic it is necessary to create a set of optimized filters in your Google Analytics.
Here is what you will need:
- Hostname filter for All Ghost spam,
- Source filters for Crawlers and Referral Spam,
- ISP filter for Common Bot Traffic.
In the following guide you will find step by step instructions to create these optimized filters.
- Name: bottraffic4free.host
- Medium: referral
- Type: crawler spam
- Location: Multiple
- Hostname: Your hostname
- Redirect: www.sigmatraffic.com
- Page title: homepage title
- Landing page: crawls multiple pages / lands on homepage
Search trends "bottraffic4free.host"
A few characteristics of this referral: the hostname is Your hostname, the landing page is crawls multiple pages / lands on homepage, and the page title is homepage title.